Saturday, September 6, 2014

My TurboFire/PiYo Hybrid




Here's my deal. I gained like 20 pounds over the past year during my first year of teaching/being a nomad, but enough is enough! I completed Chalean Extreme this summer and LOVED it, though I didn't really get into the groove of the program until about halfway through the second of three months. I lost some inches, but not pounds. The best thing I got from it was rekindling my love of working out, and making it a habit. Before last year, I was at the gym 5-6 days a week and absolutely loved working out. I had just stopped making it a priority.

Anyway, I decided to do TurboFire next since it truly is my soulmate workout and I was feeling like my fitness base was improved enough to be able to start it. I was worried about losing the muscle I had just built, but the TF/CE hybrid was heavier on the CE than the TF for awhile and I wanted to see some results quick. I ordered PiYo as a deal through a Beachbody coach (I'm not one myself), but wasn't going to start it until January when I finished TF. I just couldn't help myself, though, so I gave a couple a try. My word. Define Upper and Lower are easy enough, but that's about it. So far, Core, Sweat, and Buns have been killer! I am pretty impatient, so I decided just to try to hybrid the two myself.

Here are the parameters of the hybrid:
1) I am not a certified personal trainer of any kind. I am not qualified in any way to give workout advice. Use common sense if you use this plan.
2) There is a workout scheduled every single day for a max of 45-60 minutes.
3) TF is the primary program, and I use PiYo to supplement. I have the deluxe editions of both.
3) I plan a workout for every single day, but there are times it just doesn't work out for whatever reason - illness, or what have you. What I did in the past was try to play "catch up" and either doubled up just to get the workouts in or put the schedule on pause until I was ready. What ended up happening was that I just gave up on the programs for awhile. Now I pretend like the schedule is a gym schedule - the class is happening whether I'm there or not. That way, if  I miss a workout, I just do whatever workout is scheduled for the day the next day - regardless of what I missed.
4) I have lots of stretching/yoga days, so I'm using Recharge from CE and this Crunch Candlelight Yoga DVD to switch things up. 



1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Week 1
Fire 30 + Align
HIIT 15 + Stretch 10
Define: Upper and Lower
Fire 30 + Stretch 10
Fire 55 EZ
Fire 30 + Define: Upper
Core 20 + Stretch 40
Week 2
Fire 45 + Stretch 10
HIIT 20 + Define: Lower
Define: Upper
HIIT 15 + Sculpt 30
Sweat
Core + Low HIIT 20
Define: Upper and Lower
Week 3
Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 10
HIIT 25 + Define: Upper
Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 10
HIIT 15 + Buns
Sweat
Core 20 + Stretch 40
Fire 55 EZ
Week 4
Fire 45 + Stretch 10
HIIT 20 + Buns
Sweat
HIIT 20 + Strength Intervals
Fire 55 EZ
Core
Fire 45 + Stretch 10
Week 5
Fire 55 EZ
Fire 30 + Full Body Blast
Stretch 40
Fire 30 + Strength Intervals
Drench
Fire 45 + Stretch 10
Core
Week 6
Fire 55 EZ
Fire 30 + Full Body Blast
Recharge
Fire 30 + Strength Intervals
Drench
Fire 45 + Stretch 10
Core
Week 7
Fire 55 EZ
Fire 30 + Full Body Blast
Candlelight Yoga
Fire 30 + Strength Intervals
Drench
Fire 45 + Stretch 10
Core
Week 8
Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 10
Sweat
Stretch 40
Core
Fire 30 + Buns
Drench
Core 20 + Stretch 10
Week 9
HIIT 15 + Full Body Blast
Fire 45 + Stretch 10
Recharge
HIIT 15 + Sculpt
Fire 55 EZ
HIIT 20 + Strong Legs
Fire 30 + Stretch 10
Week 10
HIIT 20 + Full Body Blast
Fire 45 + Stretch 10
Candlelight Yoga
HIIT 25 + Sculpt
Fire 55 EZ
HIIT 20 + Strong Legs
Fire 30 + Stretch 10
Week 11
HIIT 25 + Full Body Blast
Fire 45 + Stretch 10
Stretch 40
HIIT 25 + Sculpt
Fire 55 EZ
HIIT 25 + Strong Legs
Fire 30  + Stretch 10
Week 12
Recharge
Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 10
Fire 55 EZ
Candlelight Yoga
Fire 45 EZ
Stretch 40
Hardcore on the Floor
Week 13
Fire 60
Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 10
Recharge
Fire 30 + Strength Intervals
Fire 55 EZ
Fire 60
Hardcore on the Floor
Week 14
Fire 60
Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 10
Candlelight Yoga
Fire 30 + Full Body Blast
Fire 55 EZ
Fire 60
Hardcore on the Floor
Week 15
Fire 60
Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 10
Stretch 40
Fire 30 + Sculpt
Fire 55 EZ
Fire 60
Hardcore on the Floor
Week 16
Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 10
Drench
Recharge
Core
Fire 30 + Stretch 10
Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 20
Core
Week 17
HIIT 15 + Full Body Blast
Fire 45 + Abs 10
Candlelight Yoga
HIIT 30 + Buns
Fire 55 EZ
HIIT 20 + Sculpt
Fire 45 EZ + Abs 10
Week 18
HIIT 25 + Strength Intervals
Fire 60
Stretch 40
HIIT 30 + Strong Legs
Fire 55 EZ
HIIT 25 + Full Body Blast
Fire 45 EZ + Abs 10
Week 19
HIIT 30 + Sculpt
Fire 60
Recharge
HIIT 30 + Strong Legs
Fire 55 EZ
HIIT 30 + Full Body Blast
Fire 30 + Core
Week 20
Candlelight Yoga
Fire 45 EZ + Stretch 10
Fire 55 EZ
Hardcore on the Floor
Drench
Core
Stretch 40


No comments: